I was craving tacos on Wednesday, which is my weekly grocery day. It happened to be that my grocery store has shrimp on sale for a reasonable price so I decided to make tacos using shrimp. This is the recipe that I came up with.
I serve these cold, but you could definitely heat up the shrimp and beans. They are super easy and helped me up my protein intake, which was really causing problems for me.
- Flat Out Wraps - I like these due to their high fiber content
- Cooked Shrimp - Any size will do, I like smaller sized shrimp as I feel like you get more per serving
- Black Beans - I would recommend preparing them yourself if you have the time and inclination
- Spinach - Lettuce will work to, but spinach just has so much more nutritional value
- Lime Wedges
- Sour Cream
- Cheese - I use sharp cheddar as it requires less to achieve the right flavor
They are very simple, I season the shrimp with cajun spice and assemble the tacos. Before rolling I squeeze the lime wedge over the top, this really helps bring out the flavors of the beans and spice. I use full flavor sour cream and just use a small amount, you could omit it but I have a weakness for sour cream.