I spent tonight sitting in front the TV watching the Democratic National Convention, Following Twitter, and eating Kettle corn popcorn. I'll leave the political analysis to the experts. But I do want to recommend twitter to anyone who wants to follow the convention online and don't want to jump from blog to blog. Ton's of good content there.
Anyway here is my recipe for Kettle corn. It's easy and tastes just like the stuff you get at the Fair.
I use a 6 quart saucepan to pop popcorn, use whatever size you want but know I screwed up 3 times in a row trying to make this previously and burned the sugar to the bottom of the pain. So don't use your best pan.
- Add just enough oil to the bottom of the pan to 1/2 cover a layer of popcorn.
- Add 1/2 cup of popcorn and about 3-4 tablespoons of white sugar and shake or stir
- Cover and turn the heat on medium high to high
- Shake frequently about once every thirty seconds to keep contents from burning
- Once the kernels start to pop, shake once or twice more and then wait until popping stops
- Dump in to bowl, add a bit of salt if you would like and enjoy.