This is my second holiday season in Minneapolis. Last year I did a poor job of experiencing what the Twin Cities has to offer in the holiday spirit department. I'm hoping to remedy that somewhat this year. Some things I want to do.
- Attend Hollidazzle. I'm not that into parades, but I think I need to attend an event that has been a part of Minnesota for so long.
- Attend at least one holiday themed stage production. I'm not sure which one at this point. A Christmas Carol seems to be popular.
- See the lights around Lake Phalen. This is a new event, but looks fun and it's for charity so I want to check it out. Via Metblogs
- The Grand Meander - I hadn't heard about it until this year, but it looks fun.
- Holiday Traditions at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts - Looks like a relaxing and fun exhibit.
- Macy's Santaland - I may not be a kid anymore, but who isn't a kid at heart during Christmas.
- Drive around looking at lights - This isn't an event, but my family used to to this every Christmas. I'm guessing some of the homes in the Lowry Hill and the chain of lakes area would be amazing.
Any other suggestions?