I know most of my readers could care less about the Timberwolves, I have traffic stats that back this up. On the other hand I know my readers are awesome, so I"m asking for your help. Our lowly basketball franchise may be irrelevant and not much fun, but we have a savior in our midsts. Bill Simmons, aka "The Sports Guy" on ESPN, has offered to take over General Management duties.
Now I know the chances of this happening are pretty much nill, but if I can get the weight of the Minneapolis bloggers association behind it, at least I'll feel like I accomplished something. Many of you may be wondering why the heck we would want this. So here are my reasons.
- The team would become relevant again nationally. Maybe not competitively but we would have more press coverage than we would know what to do with.
- He is willing to work for free the first year.
- He is one of the only NBA writers I respect, and he's pretty good at it.
- The team can only get better.
- He's on Twitter, and is actually fun to follow.
All I'm asking for is an email to Chris Wright email@example.com, or a quick bit of linkage on Twitter or your blog. He couldn't get the Bucks to even interview him, and I know we can do better than the Milwaukee fans.