I have a pretty big post I was working on this week but I just can't get it finished. I'm hoping to get it finished over the weekend, but it's something I'm pretty excited to publish so I may take a little longer than normal to write it. So today you get some thoughts and some links. Photos are minimal but that's okay.
- If you haven't seen this mashup of the Brat Pack dancing to Lisztomania yet you're missing out. I've watched this video multiple times and it still gets to me.
- An onion tart is featured over at Orangette
- I never finished my post on seeing Solid Gold at the Lynlake Streetfest but here is a photo. More can be found here.
- Simple, Good, and Tasty writes about a school in Newark that put growing lunch into the students hands. I love this idea, I think everyone should grow their own food at least once.
- Do you restrict your hi-res photos on Flickr, read this please. (via Deets after Dark)
- The lock and dams in Minneapolis are pretty prominent features on your river, still I can't help but wish we had this. (via kottke)
- No smoking in the Metrodome gives up the best thing I've seen in a while. A Twins logo outside that will soon overlook real outdoor baseball. Related: Look at that view!
- A completely valid use of an ad. Tim Olson, I agree with you.
- Freshtopia.net has a recipe for a virgin ginger mojito. I tried it and it was good, and you could even ad rum if your feeling rebellious. (found via heidiohlander)
- And because I'm posting this an hour before Friday, always remember, the Flickr: Last 7 days interesting photos link is always, always, always worth a click.
Have a fabulous Friday and enjoy the heck out of your weekend.