I got home yesterday and immediately decided I had no interest in grocery shopping even though my cupboards were getting pretty bare again. I had plenty of lunch and breakfast items available but my dinner options seemed a bit limited. At first I was thinking oatmeal, but thoughts of breakfast turned me to eggs and suddenly I decided egg salad was going to be my dinner, well more specificly an egg salad sandwich.
Normally I wouldn't write about something as simple as egg salad, but this batch was very good and I needed to save the recipe* for future use.
- 5 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons thinly sliced and chopped onion, sweet onion preferred
- 1-2 teaspoons Salad Elegant or Salad Supreme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- add mustard to taste - around 2 tablespoons
Add ingredients to bowl and mix. I'm making guesses as close a possible as I didn't measure last night. So I've shared my egg salad recipe, now it's your turn, anything you do differently when making egg salad?
*Recipe is of course used loosely here since I didn't measure anything.