It's Friday, which is always a good thing, and it's also the first weekend of the NFL season. So here are a few things you can do besides watching football on Saturday and Sunday.
- Visit the Mid-Town Farmers Market - I visited this market last weekend and loved it. It's not as "nice" as Mill City Market but the prices seemed better and the tomatoes and onions that I got were awesome.
- Check out the Mill City Museum - I went there with my parents and it was awesome, be sure to check out the 19 minute video at the end.
- Make salsa or tomato sauce with the tomatoes you buy at the farmers market
- Check out the Hoot on Saturday night at The Music Box
- Head out to Como Zoo or check out an adventure pass to the Minnesota Zoo from your local library.
Of course I'll be watching the games all weekend, I love the start of football season and wouldn't miss it. I'm still waiting for someone to hand me Gophers tickets for tomorrow so I can enjoy that beautiful new stadium.
Have a great weekend all, no matter what you are doing.