As most of you probably knew, yesterday was Jason DeRusha Day. Some of you may have also known it was my birthday. I had not planned on really celebrating yesterday, as I had went out on Saturday but yesterday turned into one of my best birthdays.
- I got chocolate chip cookies at work
- One of the customers I met with is a board member of Two Rivers Choral and I had a chance to talk to her about running a music organization that does not charge admission. She said that one of the members had used the Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra as an example of a group that does this right. If you didn't know, I'm a board member of the orchestra so it was great to hear this.
- My mom and dad both called me since my dad is currently out of town for work. Usually I just get one call from them.
- I got to visit OM, a new Indian restaurant in town and enjoyed it.
- I met a ton of Twitter users who I have followed for quite a while.
- I not only got to meet Jason DeRusha, but he also had the crowd sing me Happy Birthday.
- Had great conversations with Doniree, Aaron Landry, Jason DeRusha, and others about social media and how it's changing the way we interact with everyone, from newscasters to our elected representatives.
Overall a rock solid day, birthday or not.