2009 was an great year, between my online life and my social life, I've expanded my circles in so many ways it's almost unbelievable. I've posted on this blog 92 times and received 497 comments . I've taken 696 photos that I felt were good enough to be posted on Flickr. I've made jam, curry, gnocchi, and more than a few pizzas. I've met so many new people it's not even funny, and have made a bunch of new friends.
That being said I didn't accomplish a lot of the goals I set for myself at the start of the year. I've hardly put a dent in my MN to do list and I only accomplished three of my seven goals for the year. But I'm fine with that. If I had known how my year was going to go, I wouldn't have set those goals like I did. Instead I would have made the following list.
- Meet close a 100 new people in real life by using the Internet
- Break out of my comfort zone and do some crazy public speaking
- Shop locally as much as possible
- Eat out at many new restaurants
- See more live musical performances than I had in all previous years combined
- Get a photo on Minnpics
- Fall in love with street food
- Discover a ton of new music, including lots of local artists
Yet that's the beauty of life. You set goals for yourself and even if you don't accomplish those goals, you usually end up better for it. I'm going to maintain a few of the goals from 2009 going into 2010. I will bike a century and I will look up my relatives. My MN to do list is going to undergo a major renovation and I will try to do more of it.
My major goals for 2009 are to move my career to a place I'm happier with, keep meeting new and interesting people using whatever resources I find, and keep doing what I'm doing. I'm not going to say my life is anywhere near perfect, but it is great. I can't wait to see what 2010 brings.