I'm getting a pet you guys!
Ok, I'm not getting one today, in fact I'm not getting one until April. Not because I can't get one today, but because I'm forcing myself to wait until then to make a final decision on whether to get a cat or a dog.
There are several things to consider when it comes to choosing the type of pet I'm going to adopt. I've made one decision so far, I know I'm adopting from the humane society. Cat or dog is the question.
Reasons to get a cat:
- Much more self-sufficient. I can fail to come home after work and not worry about finding presents
- No walks in the winter
- I don't have to move to a new apartment
- Laser pointer fun
Reasons to get a dog:
- I think they have more of a personality
- Unconditional love
- Girls like cute dogs and I can the dog on walks where girls can be found
- I'd get to move to Northeast, South MPLS , or some other awesome new neighborhood
- No litter box
- I'd be forced to spend more time at home
Ok, so there is much more to this than those things, but since I've giving myself plenty of time, I think I can work it out. The other issue is that I am in the process of looking for a new job. In fact, the last job I applied for would have required me to travel 50% of the time, which would have probably precluded me from getting any pet.
Anyway, I always love hearing people’s thoughts on pets. I'm neither a dog or a cat person. I'd take both at the same time, but not unless I can live in a much larger space than I can probably afford. So, try to convince me either way, I'm listening.