Winter has defeated me. It's true, for the first time in years, I'm sick enough of winter that I'm seriously contemplating getting out and moving somewhere else. But, since I know we are nearing the end, (seriously, it's true) I'm fighting through and will not go crazy. Some things I've learned about myself since succombing to winter's depressive nature.
- Music can dramatically improve my mood
- Especially when paired with walking
- Even when the temperature is in the single digits, walking somewhere instead of busing or driving makes me feel much better about things.
- I still like to tinker with technology. It's not really a good day until I think I break something.
- As always, cooking is my favorite activity, I've actually only eaten at a restaurant once in the past week.
- I love my apartment, finally
- I still suck at blogging
In reality, the main takeaway from this winter has been that I have to take better care of myself next winter. My two week sickness in January took a lot out of me and I never really recovered. On a positive note, my empty social calendar has led to me accomplishing a lot around the apartment which I had been meaning to do since I moved in. I am actually excited to have people over sometime soon.