This winter got me down. It was long, cold, snowy, and miserable. And it's still hanging on, though we keep getting glimpses of a world where spring does exist. But as winter progressed, especially after my 2 week sickness in January, my social life stopped. Weekends were spent with me at home, watching Netflix, playing games or reading. It wasn't awful, but it definitly wasn't the sort of lifestyle that made last year one of the best years ever.
With the coming of April, and the hope that spring would actually arrive one day, that changed. Weekend have become social endeavors once again. The winter dolldrums have passed and I'm once again running around town trying to stay out of trouble.
The thing is, it's spread, my weekend business is suddenly weekday business. In fact, I was going to schedule dinner with a friend last night and looked at my calendar to see when I would be free. Other than a loan Saturday night I decided to keep for myself, I wasn't free until the 18th. THE 18th. Good lord. And the 20th - 22nd are packed with goodness as well.
The final third of my month is still mostly free, but I'm positive that will change over the next few weeks. Anyway, here are a few of the public events I'm going to be participating in in May. I hope to see one or two of you at them.
- Tonight - Metro Mag's Men's night and Summer of Dresses' Frocktails. Red Stag Supper Club and Aster Cafe
- Thursday (5/5/)Cinco De Mayo and a Tumblr Meetup at the CC Club
- Saturday (5/7) Midtown and Mill City Farmers Markets open
- 5/15 - Lyn Lake Street Fest - Happening on Lyndale between 28th and Lake, this is going to rock. The musical lineup is excellent, I highly recommend setting aside this day and possibly the following Monday right now.
- 5/16 - I'm technically staying home, but Active First Dates will be hosting a #datechat on Twitter. It's a cool little event that is run by Cyber Dating Sidekick.
- 5/17 - The TC Daily Planet has their birthday party.